Full Schedule 2019
Audio art installations (detailed below) will be exhibited throughout the museum all day.
Live performances will take place outside on the Plaza unless otherwise noted.
Small group workshops will meet at the welcome table just inside the museum's rotating door.
Interactive Audio Installations and locations
Lower level: Reverberation Station by Stel Klein.
- Construct, play and amplify vibrations new and old.
Lower level: MenWomenSexMoneyPower
by Bardia Saeedi
-Interactive sculptures help audiences explore the intersection of gender, power and permission.
Elevator: Elevator Songs by Amanda Holmes
3rd floor: Fingerprint music by Amanda Holmes
- Compose music through your fingerprints with artists and facilitators to guide your digit-based orchestra.
3rd floor: Zazen VR by Kiwaiko & ANDAND
- Through this individual VR artwork participants explore the mental and emotional experience of Zazen (sitting meditation) surrounded by the smoke, mental chatters within a sonic interior world.
3rd Floor, Barry Schmetter, Electricity Orchestra
- Make the invisible audible! Activate and amplify the electronic sounds that exist all around.
2nd floor: #whichsideareyouon/Sackler Treatment by John Ryan Brubaker and Mamone
- #whichsideareyouon' is a text-based manifesto that recasts Zoe Leonard's 'I Want a Dyke for President' in the context of contemporary Appalachia and the ongoing opioid epidemic. It is paired with work from Brubaker's 'Sackler Treatment' a collection of pills made from crushed West Virginia coal which visualizes the direct connection between coal-mining communities and opioid addiction. This combination of works encourages consideration of the role that Purdue Pharma and the Sackler family has played in the current opioid epidemic and the role of ill-gotten money in the contemporary art world.
2nd Floor: Seashells by Elizabeth Collins
- Nature's amplification tools await you. What do you hear within? What can the natural world teach us?
Plaza: Great Grandpa Jones Radio by Roger Cutler
-Listen to radio like your great grandfather might have through crystal radios.
Plaza: Radio Power Tower by Roger Cutler
Plaza: Xylosaurus by Roger Cutler
-When is the last time you and a dinosaur got together to make music?
Plaza: DIY Wind Chimes by Community Forklift
-Build (AND KEEP!) your own wind chime made from recycled materials and help amplify the music of the wind with your beautiful original artwork on the plaza.